Granite under your amp???

I have had speakers with the option for granite bases, has anyone used a slab of granite under their amp, even while on a good stereo rack? If so, any changes?
brianmgrarcom
I bought a piece of scrap granite from the neighborhood tomb stone guy.It is ~16"x18"x2" 50-60lbs.Shiny smooth on one side,dull smooth on the other.I paid $20, wiped the bird doo off it and painted it black.
I have a diy amp stand under the granite.In between the stand and granite is a very thin sheet of foam like material I picked up at a hobby shop.
My Pass Labs Aleph-3 sits on the granite.I still have the stock Pass footers under the 3.They are pretty good for stock.
Since using the granite the bass is tighter and a bit deeper.Focus is a tad better too.No doubt worth the money and effort.
So Dave when you go over the falls is the granite gonna be going with you, I know the record collection is :) let me know when your gonna go for it, I'll shoot out there and if you make it we'll do diner. I have also been contemplating getting marble/granite/any cool looking smooth rock surface and getting rid of the aluminum I have been using. I have been using 1/4" thick T-6061 aluminum sheets for shelves for my audio gear, does anyone know if there will be any improvements going to granite/marble/etc?

T-6061 aluminum air hardens. By this time that amp stand must be like a trampoline-very lively. Not exactly what you may be looking for.

Granite (Harbor Freight has the machine plates on sale from time to time-free shipping also) is harder and more lively than marble. Granite is also a bear to work with without diamond tools.

18x18 inch marble tiles are usually available from a tile/carpet store. If you buy close-outs and partial boxes you can get it real cheap. 18x18 x 3/8 thick #3.00 USD per tile and free cutting to size if you ask nice (on a store wet saw a piece of cake). Again, marble has a low shear strength so it needs full support underneath at least on the amp contact points.