Bananas over ARC VT-100

I thought that would get your attention ;^) Now here's the kicker.

I have an ARC VT-100 MK 1. I'm trying to plug a banana into the back of the speaker connection but it won't fit

:^(

Anyone have any ideas on the subject? Or possibly could someone recommend some sort of banana to spade adaptor. Re-terminating would cost me a small fortune.

Thanks in advance
128x128glen
Hey Glen,
Oddly enough I have used SPM banana ended cables with my vt100m2 - they worked fine.

Do your banana ends have this opening along the cylinder side of the banana that allows the 'cylinder' of the banana to compress & make a thinner cylinder? If this is the case, the intention of the nordost banana plug is to have a spring loaded cylinder that 'spring expands' against the enclosing walls of the speaker/amp terminal.

You do have to use 'moderate' pressure when inserting the speaker cable end into the amp to get this cylinder to compress.
Here's an update, I took a blow torch and #$$%#&**%^

OOPS! wrong thread,

Actually the Nordost cables arrived today and they do fit YEA!

Before they arrived I tried to jam an MIT banana end into the hole that absolutly would not fit.

with all this high end equipment, why are you wasting your time with midfi bananas?? re-terminate those cables yorself with spades and happy listening!! ps.yeah i know,you sold the amp