my $686 stereo system, laugh if you want...

I have just finished establishing my $686 stereo system. Laugh if you want, but I am enjoying my tunes on my vintage system. Audio Research D-100A amp, Audio Research SP-4A pre-amp(very cool stuff) both $50 at yard sale, Mistral CD player $84 at pawn shop, ADS L710 speakers(garage sale $10) rebuilt for $200, Luxman 110 tuner, $10 at thrift shop, Mirage PS-12-180 sub woofer $300 on Audiogon, radio shack Fusion IC $12 Ebay, and Monster Cable speaker wire $20 at Best Buy. Sounds good. Sarah Brightman, Bonnie Raitt, Sarah McLaclin all sounding good.
bottomsup
I find it more satisfying to build a pleasing system with the least amount of money.Than to go out and just buy something on prestige and the look what I got factor!
So no laughing here!

Enjoy and Happy Listening!
Thanks people for your kind respones. I am on the floor weeping reading about Ncarv and sogood51 systems. In retrospect, I shouldn't have even posted looking at what can be acomplished. Anyway neophytes(like me), you can, however, have a whole lot of fun and some good tunes(Allison Krause) for not a whole bunch of money over what the local stores offer for the same price. Upside: this stuff will NEVER be worth less than what I paid. Actually may go up in value as time goes by?
My friend the enjoyment in your system cannot be measured in dollars...looks like you have already figured that out!!
Laughing with you, not at you!

Great sleuthing for good gear at a great price, congratulations.