Theta Intrepid

I am looking to build a new 5.1 system, with probably a simple preamp (the preamp from an H/K 430 reciever) through a 5-ch and 2-ch amps. I will be running Meadowlark Ospreys L/R, Swift Rears, Swan Center, and Owl Surrounds. Probably will start with Monitor Audio FB210 (x2) for bass, and will be using the H/K's bass management.
I am not sure of what I will pay for the Intrepid, and I'd like a Dreadnaught Ii but don't know how long it will take me to get.
What amps would be suggested to work with the Intrepid - I'm thinking running the surrounds, center and rears off of the Intrepid and getting monoblocks for the front L/R so that i can use those simply for music.

Suggtestions? Comments? anyone have an Intrepid? I've read nothing but rave reviews of Theta stuff, any input there?

Thanks
breitlingdj
From what you are describing, it seems that you are on the right track with Theta amplifiers. They seem to be quite excellent at each respective price point, and I think that they do a very good job of hitting your goals of "smooth, mellow, yet detailed and spacious", especially considering that they are solid state.

Tom.
Theta is making the best stuff in every catagory right now. There amps are amazing. Tom just heard them so he is right on the money how they sound. As they break-in they only keep getting better and better.
Well Guys , It's nice to see that we have some serious Theta Interest going here.

As Always , I hope to be able to assist fellow Theta Advocates with their purchases..

Thanks CRaig
732-616-1010