New Pass Labs X.5 series versus previous X series

Pass Labs is in the process of re-dedesigning their entire X series into the new X.5 series. As of this writing X150.5, X250.5 and possibly X350.5 are already shipping. The X600.5 are expected to start shipping early in the new year. This thread is to discuss experiences with the new amps, their sound signature, perceivable improvements over the old series, and of course dissenting opinions. Everyone's perspective is welcome--X and X.5 owners, X.5 window shoppers, Dealers, and all other audiogoners with a passion for affect by the bug of audiophilia.
guidocorona
Thanks Flg2001,

Frankly speaking, I recently sold my x250 in favor of the x600...now I'm confuse again..:-).heheheh isn't this a fun and expensive hobby..:-)

Did anybody compare the x350.6 to the x600 yet?...
Longho68: The x600 is a great amp, you will both enjoy it and will surely find a sonic upgrade.

".. expensive hobby.."???, not quite sure..., I thought the same, but if you talk deep with some friends who are into other hobbies such as Photography, wrist watches, pens .. or even more ego-indulging ones based on other sort of pleasure (you know..), we are in heaven....

Enjoy

Fernando
The Pass Labs web site has just been updated with information on the new X.5 series. See the following url:
http://www.passlabs.com/products.htm
In particular, the page on the new x600.5 has information on some of the electric design improvements, as well as some photographs:

"**Expected to ship in the first quarter of '05**
The X600.5 is the natural progression of the X600. Changes include improvements to power transformers, paralleled high speed / soft recovery rectifiers, improved AC EMI filters, more paralleled power supply capacitors, increased supply RC filtering, refinements to the front-end input circuits, and the addition of single-ended Class A bias circuits for balanced single-ended Class A at low power levels.
All of these changes bring the X.5 series closer to the sonic signature of the XA series amplifiers.
The X.5 series feature the distinctive front panel meters indicating of the level of current running through the output stages that have long been the visual signature of X amplifiers.
The X600.5 accepts both single-ended and balanced inputs. . ."

The X600.5 should become available early in the new year. It's smaller brothers are already shipping. While we wait for X600.5 to be completed and to start shipping, I love to hear from any new X350.5 owners with their live impressions/findings.
Guidocorona
I am still in the process of breaking it in. I have about 30 hours on it and each time I listen to it it gets better and better. When I get at least 50 hours on it I will post the results.