What can you tell me about First Sound pre-amps?

Only recently have heard about these pre-amps. Are they as good as they are made out to be? Is the least expensive model as good as say a R0land Synergy? I live in Seattle and have never heard of this pre-amp so any information would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jerry.
dumboatc8da
Correction: Artg uses the Berning amp, not the VAC 110--which is used by tvad. I was confused. Even so, I have heard First Sound/Berning combo in my system (twice), and I preferred it WITH the First Sound, but that's just me...
Kalan - I agree 100%. My system sounds better with a high quality preamp. I would be happy to add a FS Paramount back into the chain, but only used (so far none seen).

The Presence Deluxe is gone. I'm also going to try a deHavilland Mercury 2 within the next few weeks, and maybe a CAT and/or Joule ELectra before making a final decision.
I think the BEST pre amp out there bar none is the new superphon Revelation 3....... you can get it with or without gain.......... I think it will smoke anything. I heard one without gain....best preamp out there.
Artg, I would be interested in your impressions of any of the other pre's you mentioned: deHavilland Mercury 2, CAT, or the JE. Please update this thread.
I see I've been away a while, and the thread has grown.
Kalan, I've had FIM outlets ever since I "returned" to the land of audiophilus nervosa, so that's not the issue.

I find it interesting that I've NEVER had this issue with brass before, not on any system I've ever had. I find it puzzling, but still don't know what's causing it. It's not as though it's horrifying: it's just noticeable on fortes.
I've already written Emmanuel, who suggested an upgrade to the Paramount, but I don't think I should have to upgrade to resolve this.
I'll just live with it for now...