Name three of yours the most favourite drummers

I nominate the following

1. Mark Nauseef
2. Ginger Baker(yeah, the erly one!)
3. Jackie Liebezeit
128x128marakanetz
Zaikesman—Thank you for the informative perspective on Ringo. I will go back and listen more critically to the songs you suggested. Perhaps during those "daze" the Beatles were together, I (not a musician) was looking for more splash and less technique. Live and Learn.
Mgh, I'm not insulting NP's intelligence - which I'm sure must be fairly high - I'm insulting his band, his lyrics, and his drumming. Not the same thing - but obviously, as you say, it's a matter of taste, not open to argument (as far as honorary 'doctorates' go, this is a well-known scam intended to bring attention to the issuing institution).

About your Paul quote re Ringo, it's always worth remembering that he was considered one of the best drummers in the original Liverpool scene, and The Beatles basically stabbed Pete Best in the back to acquire his services just prior to their really making a push to get signed with a major label. It's often been said that Ringo wound up being the luckiest walk-on role-player in the world, but I think it was really The Beatles (and the rest of us) who were the lucky ones, and I suspect Paul would agree.
Come on!!! Where are the jazz cats??? Jeff "Tain" Watts, Elvin Jones (mostly during the Trane era), Paul Motian!
Yesterday, I've been on King Crimson at Town Hall NY.
They already long time have drummer Pat Mastelotto. He's heavy Lars-Ulrich type of guy but probably that's what they were always looking for...