keeping collection organized?????

i was wondering if any of you uses some kind of computer program where you can have complete access to all the information of your collection.
thanks
opp
I've used several different programs over the years. I started with an Access database I built myself. I eventually imported that in to Spinfree Audiofile v. 4.03. Spinfree hasn't supported the product actively in a couple of years, so when Windows XP came out, using the Audiofile Internet Companion to retrieve CD info automatically became problematic. Just recently, I ported everything over to Collectorz Music Collector v. 6.1. (http://www.collectorz.com/music/)

I have been very happy with Music Collector so far. It can be relatively complicated to use if you want to delve into the more esoteric and detailed information fields, but, if you are inclined you can store everything from the basic info like title and track names to musicians, producers and engineers, where and when you bought it, the record label, etc. It's extremely detailed and easy to search. It also has an excellent lookup utility, where using either the basic disc data (retrieved from this disk automatically be inserting it in a drive), the UPS code (eithertyped in or scanned, if you have a bar code scanner), or the artist and title, it will query not only the CDDB, like most other music cataloging programs, but also the All Music Guide and Amazon.com info. Check out the website. I've been very happy with it's ability to keep track of my 1500+ CD, 2000+ CD-R, 500+ DAT collection
I use CD Trustee and it works just as advertized. Especially valuable is the automatic loading of CD titles, tracks, times and genres from Gracenote. Having used this now for several months, I would not recommend you attempt to use a spread sheet or access or word. This product is far superior and relatively inexpensive. Plus, you can down load and try it for a limited number of CDs for no charge.
I use CD Trustee. A newer version is also available where you don't have to scan the records as you chose directly from the accessible database making it better if you have a collection of vinyl LPs, so long as the recording was also issued on CD.
i use an excel spreadsheet that i download to my ipaq. i then take my ipaq with me when i go shopping for cd's and albums (a couple times a week) to verify if i have the album/cd or not before purchasing. I also have a list of music that i want to purchase, so if i see it, i buy it. the columns in the spreadsheet are: artist, album/cd name, type of music (jazz, new age, rck, etc..), and format (cd,sacd,album,dvd). another plus, i can sort by any column to find something fast.