Any recommendation for a modern FM tuner

While I am considering several classic tuners, I am wondering if any of the modern FM tuners are any good. What modern FM tuners should I consider? Why do people say that the vintage tuners sound better than the modern tuners?
What modern FM tuners are recommended? Thanks
hgeifman
Ryanmh1: I'm not stating these features aren't essential but obviously not needed on some tuners. The 504 is hardly a "Stripper". Read the reviews on fminfotuners.com for yourself.I have had vintage tuners as well. All I'm saying is the 504 is one heck of a tuner and will compete with most anything without added "Essentials".Please, let this one lie and die with dignity. Thanks.
Ryanmh1: I'm not stating these features aren't essential but obviously not needed on some tuners. The 504 is hardly a "Stripper". Read the reviews on fminfotuners.com for yourself.I have had vintage tuners as well. All I'm saying is the 504 is one heck of a tuner and will compete with most anything without added "Essentials".Please, let this one lay and die with dignity. Thanks.
7671, it appears to me, in lieu of your last words, you don't like someone disagreeing with you. Furthermore, it is clear that you do not have an understanding of these features on tuners, there isn't a tuner made that cannot benefit from these options, it is just the nature of FM and its many radio stations.
I finally made a decision. My local California retailer was asking $700 for their Meridian 504 FM Tuner. I offered $500 and they offered to split the difference ($600). I agreed and just hooked up my new Meridian 504 tuner. I am sure it is breaking in but it sure sounds good to my ears. The unit was a demo at a Meridian retailer but had never been played. I also have a 3 year warranty on the unit. I was very surprised when he told me the retail price was $1,760.

The bad news is my Harmonic Technology interconnect cables do NOT fit the tuner or my McIntosh MA6900 integrated amplifier. It seems the metal on the cables are to long and need to be shorter. I have loaner cables from the store and am waiting for Harmonic Technology to call me back. I am also waiting for Fanfare Electronics to send me the missing "F connector" so I can connect my Fanfare FM-2G Whip antenna to my Meridian.

It made no sense to pay $2,500+ for a Magnum Dynalab MD102 or what ever for a McIntosh MR78. The Meridian sounds great and for $600, it was a steal.

Thanks again for all your help and advise. cheers.