Can good speakers take edge off digital?

I have a pair of Quad 12L2 speakers hooked up to an 845 SET. When I am listening to analog, the system sounds fine. But with digital, well, it has that bit of the digital edginess. Can a better pair of speakers, say the Zu Druid, take the edge off the digital?
toufu
Agree with all suggestions by Bob_Bundus. Better quality IC and PC helped greatly. Biggest improvement came from using a balanced power conditioner dedicated to the digital sources. Digititus gone!
Steakster and Bob are absolutely correct, clean power and a good power cord can make all the difference. Clean power and a nice power cord can make less than state of the art digital reach far above it's station. I would also investigate having the Monarchy modded, some nice capacitors, resistors and op amps go a long way, and much less expensive than a new DAC. Go with the power conditoner and cord first, I bet you'll be surprised.

I also use an 845 amp, using an 845 amp with those speakers should give you first rate sonics. Your preamp will also benefit from power conditioning. And then there are dedicated AC and isolation to think about, I know, it never ends!
I am completely on board with everyone who says to fix the offending problem - your digital front end.

A loudspeaker that would take the edge off the faults of your digital components is a loudspeaker I would never want in my system, as it's inevitably causing more problems than it's solving.
I've not known the Monarchy to be edgy in it's digital presentation. I had the M-24 which was only tube output stage that I used with a Northstar transport. In this price range a transport can make a difference. CC Poon at Monarchy sometimes recommends a jitter device between the transport and DAC, like his Monarchy DIP or a Genesis Digital Lens. Maybe that's worth a try, they're pretty cheap used. Otherwise maybe speaker positioning.

What's your room like. Room treatments could help if you're not using any. The people who suggested power conditioning may be on to something as well. RFI/EMI can add that edginess to the sound you are describing.