Can good speakers take edge off digital?

I have a pair of Quad 12L2 speakers hooked up to an 845 SET. When I am listening to analog, the system sounds fine. But with digital, well, it has that bit of the digital edginess. Can a better pair of speakers, say the Zu Druid, take the edge off the digital?
toufu
I can start with saying I understand what you are talking about.

Yes some speakers depending on design can help... Its all about balance, not just bringing your mid's or tweets down, but also having a good output across the whole spectrum, increased bass speed and resolution can result in a better integration via tipped up digital harsher recordings just as much as trying to turn down the tweets etc...

And also yes Zu's if newer versions with the mundorf Silver oil caps on them (not sure if they are offering that anymore) can in fact help spread out and eliminate some of the "Beaming" associated with cheaper caps and drivers emphasising digital hash and distortion.

Beyond that you do have a good DAC, so not wanting to go out and spend more to take a chance being even further disappointed, Power cable, and interconnects can in fact help smooth out the tone and frequency response with that piece.. It will all depend on the component matching and synergy as to how effective some cables can be.

Good Luck
I am going to try to listen to an Ayon CD player. If this doesn't do it then I am going to have to give up digital for any kind of serious listening.
Well, I felt both the Marantz and the Monarchy were a step above my Sony 777ES player.
A few years ago I found a cdp that allowed me to enjoy my cds thoroughly; a Resolution Audio CD-50. This player is way outdated by today's standards but it is smoother and more relaxing than any player I've heard.
After owning the CD-50 for a year I sold off my vinyl. Ok, so that was probably a mistake but I had stopped listening to lps altogether.
Somewhere near the beginning of this thread a non-oversampling cdp or dac was suggested; it's worth investigating.
I mention this since others suggested a NOS DAC to address the "digital edge."

Toufu is using a Monarchy NM24 DAC. This DAC -is- a non-oversampling(NOS) tube DAC. This DAC uses Burr Brown PCM1704 chips which are 24bit, but do not over- or up- sample the source signal. (As previously stated, I use a NM24)

One idea, Toufu, you might want to try is different tubes to mellow out the sound. On another note have you tried any other speakers with your DAC/amp system?

As always a systems sound is about synergy between the components. Seems like something needs to get swapped out. maybe your first idea of a different speakers may provide a more preferred result?

BTW: Is your amp the Art Audio 845 SET? That's quite a piece!

cheers, ed