Speaker Technology over the last 10 years

I bought my last pair of speakers 13 years ago, Legacy Classic. How much has speaker technology changed since then? I know in terms of amp and cd player there has been tremendous advancements but what about speakers?

Are speakers for the most part dependent upon the source? I appreciate any comments.
revrob
No real breakthroughs or advancements apart from capacitors with lower harmonics and slightly faster settling woofers. Some manufacturers finally decided the shape of the cabinet was important enough to dictate design and that was known in the 1950s.

The new diamond tweeters have low harmonics but slow rise and settling time. JM Labs Beryllium now have higher frequency extension but no other improvements or differences over previous Yamaha beryllium designs of the 1970s, as the measurements reflect in addition to listening.
To audiofeil's point - it is all about preferences in this hobby.

Exactly - the hobby is nothing more than fashion or fad.
timbre is most important to me and i feel panels do a better job.
Mrtennis (Threads | Answers)

If you highly value timbre in a speaker design, you really need to listen to the Audiokinesis Jazz Modules or Dream Maker speakers. You don't have to wait for CES to hear them either. I own the Jazz Modules and you're welcome to come by for a listen anytime.
hi clio9:

i live in the nyc metro area, do you live near there ?

i would love to hear these speakers.

thanks for the invite.

the most realistic timbre of any speakers i have auditioned were stacked quad esl, mcintosh c22, quad 15 watt tube amps, and thorens t/t with ortofon arm and cartridge.