Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
Thanks, Henry.  In fact, I did not "corner the market" on the Integrated Circuit needed to run the TT101.  I bought only several of them, but probably could have bought 100.  I found them a few years ago from a Hong Kong or mainland China vendor simply by googling the part number written on the back of the chip itself.  I don't see why one could not still do the same.  Most such vendors are on Alibaba.  I gave two chips to Thuchan, since neither he nor I knew for sure that the chips I received were authentic (in other words, not mislabeled as to part number) and in good working order.  Turns out they are indeed correct as to type and functional.  (Evidently, the first one of the two did the trick, so I assume the second one is good also.) Now I am thinking about sending my TT101 to Thuchan's guy.  I've got THE chip for the Denon DP80, too, but no extras I can afford to sell or give away.  I want to keep one extra for my own DP80, which is already running on a new one.  I did not mention names above, because I was not sure Thuchan wanted to go public.
On the topic of chips a fellow is doing some interesting work
on the SP10MKIII's and reworking some no longer available and susceptible to failure parts.

Great to have someone spend that much time and effort for
the relatively small numbers of tables it is applicable to.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/new-technics-sp-10-mk3.659118/page-10

The story of Thuchan's 'chip' is quite complex.....
After about 6 weeks of his Bavarian Tech taking apart the Victor, Thuchan Emailed me that it needed a 'chip' which his Tech had ordered from China but which didn't arrive.
He gave me the chip No. which I promptly Googled
http://www.ic2ic.com/search.jsp?sSearchWord=SC3042&prefix=S
to discover that this seemed to be available everywhere.....even in Germany. So I sent this information....
6 weeks later Thuchan says his Tech can't get the 'chip' and again I do another Google search with different results for this 'chip' available all over the world.
6 weeks later....can't get 'chip'.....can I help..🙏🏽
At this stage I had no idea what No. 'chip' Lew had stashed 2 years ago....but as I could do no more, I told Thuchan to contact Lew on the off-chance...👀❓
And as fate would have it......Lew's 'chip' was the 'magic' one...
A story with a happy ending...🎼🎉