Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
Lewm 01-22-2016
"What I don’t get is whether the guy who figured this out"
"he seems to infer that his circuit is actually more accurate than the original chip, although I don’t know whether one needs to worry about a few Hz when the frequencies in question are in the millions of Hz"
Lewm
If you had "digested the thread thoroughly" as you claimed, you would have understood that jpjones has comprehensively researched and measured both the original circuit and components and has carefully measured and tested his new board at every stage of development. You are wrong to claim that he "seems to infer that his circuit is actually more accurate". Jpjones provides test results and scope data that support the published results. This provision of test data is a breath of fresh air compared to the faith based changes touted by others in this thread who provide no test data and furthermore argue that test data is not needed to support their claims.

richardkrebs  12-08-2015 4:00pm
Dover.
You are quite correct. I do not provide any objective proof that the number of servo error corrections have been reduced by my upgrade. However since I know what the upgrade process entails, it is reasonable to conclude that this is indeed true.
It is surprising that you, as a doctor, prefer to support unsubstantiated claims whilst trivialising others who have provided extensive test data that support their observations and claims.

Post removed 
I don't know what the genesis of this friction is, but I'd be very appreciative to not be used as cannon fodder in it.  I'm just a guy trying to save good tables, and perhaps make them a bit better in the process. No more, no less. 
Post removed 
Dear JP, Congratulations on your perseverance and genius in pursuing the Mk3 "problem" to its potential solution.  Now that you're here, and pursuant to Dover's lament and criticisms, did you mean to infer that the apparently increased accuracy of your circuit vs that of the MN6042 would confer a meaningful, not to say audible, improvement in the performance of the Mk3?  That would be really something to behold.  Like I may have said above, in reading your posts on Audiokarma, I was not sure that the few Hz by which your circuit "beats" the MN6042 in accuracy would necessarily translate to performance.  But this is also because I may have a misconception about the true meaning of those data points you posted.  Can you comment further?

Also, I will be contacting you privately about purchasing one of your boards.  Thanks again for your work.