Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Much Thanks! guys-

I first auditioned the 2.4SE (2) years ago in NC and was hooked.
At that time the dealer/retailer- Audio Video Excellance in Raleigh
used Anthem, Cary and Audioquest gear.

(3) years ago i got my 1st taste of the CS 2.4 w/ Creek , NAD and Audioquest gear. I was hooked then as well.  I feel the "SE" is a little sweeter to my ears.  Of recent I have read about Conrad Johnson and Pass Labs being a sonic match. I am interested in both companies and each makes a new integrated amp. As we all know their separates are superb.  Above all, cabling is my "thing". It is going to be a fun ride!
Second note;
I am interested in the newest Mark Levinson integrated amp No. 585 as well.
Anyone own or demo?

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
3rd note;

how do I clean/maintain the Vermillion maple finish on my speakers?
Cabling is apparently my thing also - I have tried maybe 20+ pairs of speaker cables and almost as many IC's, all different price points.  You know because you know Thiel, they have a very revealing, slightly lean, but extremely coherent sound.  If mated right I have never heard a speaker with better timbre and tone to my ears.  I do think lean is a slightly unfair description.  They have such a clean midrange it can accentuated with cables or equipment with the same qualities.  That IMO is why they can sound lean.  

I am am currently using Kubala Sosna Fascination IC's (musical but clean), KS power cords which add clarity and no bloat, and Stereolab Diablo SC (small copper AWG, revealing yet musical - don't know how he achieved that, and very fast similar to Nordost.  This is the best combo I have used.  Although cables addicts like us can never say I am done haha...

Owners of standard CS2.4 speakers may be interested to know that the only internal difference that makes a 2.4SE is the use of ClarityCap SA film capacitors.  DIYers can make this upgrade or better by substituting the more recently introduced ESA range.

Disclosure: ClarityCap OEM Sales