Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

While some might enjoy these Thiels with tube amps, ultimately I don't  believe tubes are the ideal match:

I can't comment on Pops current cable recommendations, and I know he's previously tried some of the following, but I'll put them forward any way:

Alpha-Core Goertz (w/ rc networks or zobels)

Ocos

Straightwire

Wire World

Enjoy!

Unsound you are correct and good call out!  Straightwire Maestro II is the most consistent match that I go back to alot - it is also my base to compare other cables.  It does everything I like.  I owned SW Virtuoso for a while but it was a little grainy compared to Maestro.

I also like and own Goertz M-2's, need new zobel networks, mine are broken.  I tried the M-3's but the larger AWG seemed to make them more on the bright side.

^Interesting, your impressions of the MI 2's vs. the MI 3's were so different than mine. I found the MI 3's to negate the emphasis of the brightness region (mid to lower treble), centering  the sonic midrange, and though appearing contradictory; making the bass both tighter and richer . Perhaps it's due to different model Thiel's, with different amps, in different rooms through different ears. :-)

Congratulations jafant, you finally getting a system together, I like to come listen to your system when you get done building it, cheers.