I have seen some Interesting comments about Mcintosh lately

These comments come from here and a couple of other sites.

1.The only people that buy Mcintosh gear are one's that just don't listen.
2. Mcintosh is what rich people buy just like Mercedes Benz.
3. Mcintosh relies on generational buyers as a business plan.
4. Mcintosh is known for rebranding products and putting there name on it.
5. Mcintosh has great looks but uses cheap off the bin parts.

I can't think of another high-end company that have so many stereotypes about the brand. On the other hand I can't think of another audio company that has been in business as long.

taters
Tubegroover, you've got it right.

I can handle banter, but it's the Jerry Springer shout downs that chill the environment: I'm right!!!! And you can't be!!!! On both sides. Although I do think the McIntosh advocates are somewhat demure in their defense of the product. As for me, I don't need to go to a Mc lovefest forum, but I think those forums partially exist because there's a Mc hatefest over here. 

I've heard some really weird systems that blow top self products out of the water, Frankinstein stuff, 4 way speakers with the crossovers electronically managed for the room and each of the set of drivers driven by a different amplifier matched to achieve the clarity and/or warmth desired (so 4 amplifiers for a 4 way speaker) in those particular frequency ranges. Yes they were engineers with too much time and money on their hands.
Bozak, Rudy would certainly beg to differ that Marantz was your only choice.
but he created something..so he was in the ring so to speak.
the critic who has not created..well I think Teddy said that best..

dealer did you wrong wrong by selling to you in clear violation of Mac policy.

My guess is all the new employees replaced by the new greedy capitalist pig owners were not buff enuf to lift the 402 and in a fit of souless zeal voided your warranty so they would not have to lift it out of the shipping crate.. ( seriously my recent anti Mac bias is how massive they are..my back hurts turning the pages of the Absolute Sound...

Sell the watch, memories vs save the children, is this a choice...?

Lets see of all the cars the Audi spent the most time on the flatbed headed to the dealer, followed by the grey market 328, then the 996 turbo ( actually tied with 993 ), AMG one trip for broken tranny mount, and a Boxster S with Zero...but it must be my ego..

i forgot mamas G550 with 110 k has Never been to the shop except routines...but she tends to not whale on the apex.....

i also forgot to rail on Ducati...even tho I cant actually go fast on a real road racing bike...

tubegroover---I didn’t make my point very well. The McIntosh tube electronics of the 50’s and 60’s were unquestionably among the best available at the time, and found in true audiophile systems. And Frank and Gordon were creative, inventive, excellent design engineers. But they were also conservative, putting reliability above all else (as does Roger Modjeski of Music Reference now)---not a bad thing! Sound quality was important, but was not the MOST important consideration in their designs. Long, trouble-free operation was, glamorous aesthetics (the Mac backlit faceplate is still my favorite look in Hi-Fi) being very important as well. They designed McIntosh products to appeal to, as I have said before, the "Carriage Trade" (an old term)---Professionals who wanted "the best". The readers of Playboy, say. Amongst hardcore audiophiles, however, Marantz tube electronics were more respected and lusted after. When Bill Johnson introduced his Audio Research SP-2 pre-amp and Dual 50 and 100 amps in 1970, they replaced Marantz 7’s, 8’s, and 9’s in audiophile systems, not Macs. Then there were the small companies making extremely high-performance products for fanatics, like Futterman. Trouble free operation was obviously not a high priority for Julius! The absolute best sound possible was, damn everything else. A degree of reliability would be gladly sacrificed to eek the last iota of SQ out of a design.

When they switched to solid state, McIntosh’s standing in the audiophile community dropped drastically. That’s when McIntosh really became about well built "lifestyle" products, not high-performance Hi-Fi.

I know the Mcintosh people hate to hear it but I think bdp24 really nailed it.