Universal Players vs. Dedicated CD/SACD Players

Greetings all. I'm curious what other's experiences are listening to Universal Players vs. "dedicated" cd/sacd players. I have an Oppo BDP95 based on the reviews and convenience of the "one-box" solution. However, I've been wondering if I'm missing some audio performance this way. I'm more into sound than video BTW. I have an audiophile friend who says he doesn't like audio and video in the same box. I've entertained thoughts of purchasing a dedicated audio cd/sacd player. Your input is appreciated.

128x128beernut
 An interesting thread.  I have an Oppo 105 in my two channel system that I don't use for video at all.  I play many SACDS, a few DCD-A and Blu Ray Audio and DTS Audios
and some High Res downloads but primarily it's Red Book CD.
   It's a highly resolving piece of equipment.  I have had some problem with glare (I started another thread on this) and I think it may be a function of some poorly recorded or transferred CDs; I think the player is just revealing the inadequacy of those particular recordings.
   I have an older Universal Player in an HT System but it's a Pioneer Elite that has an "i link"--a firewire connection to a matching Pioneer Elite receiver.  Amazing audio, but the video is horribly outdated, as someone else noted upthread.
Thanks! for sharing- guys.

I would not mind getting a demo on the Krell EVO or Cipher spinner myself!
The Audia Flight CD One M finally came in.  I'm running everything through a Furman IT Reference 20i now, as well.  Out of the box it's absolutely stunning, even better than what I remember from the demo unit I auditioned, so I can only imagine what it will sound like after a few days of listening.  It is definitely several steps up from the ModWright Oppo 105 it replaced.