Shangling CD-T100 CD Player in need of repair

I have a Shangling CD-T100 that can use some service. It has at random a ticking sound something like a scratch on a record and sometimes it seems like a fraction of a word is cut off, something like skip. I am talking like only one letter of a word. This does not happen often but when it does it takes away from my enjoyment of the music. I live in the San Fernando Valley in California and looking for someone to check this out so I do not have to send it across the country. If I have to ship it I will but hate to have this bounced around.

128x128thefile
About 5 years ago the tubes and the blue light for the clear CD cover had no power, I took off the bottom cover and found a couple of bad solder joints that caused diodes to over heat and burn out. I replaced them with 4 larger ones. (All I could find at the time.) If I remember, getting to the laser looked a little complicated. I will give a try but I would feel better if I had a breakdown of the player. Just in case do you know where I can get a detailed exploded view how to get to the laser mechanism.

I've got the circuit manual, give me your email address if you want it.

Cheers George

Thanks George,. 
Once I take out the original assembly I will buy the replacement and install it. I have done this with laser disk's but those were easy to get to.
thefile1@netscape.net
Thank you very much

Frank