Is the Basis 2001 a solid enough table to keep.

If I bought a Basis 2001 table only, could I make it a great turntable with the addition of a well thought out arm and cartridge combo? Or not try to re-invent the wheel (My first turntable in 20 plus years). Or should I try buying a complete setup i.e. Nottingham Space Deck w/space arm or VPI Classic?
Thanks, Greg
gandme
Old thread, but this past summer I also bought a Basis 2001. It came withe Rega 300 arm. I upgraded to a Vector IV and put a Benz LP-S cartridge on it. I really like this table and tonearm, especially good marriage with the Benz low output MC and the Herron VTPH-2. In addition, I consider AJ Conti and Keith Herron two of the industry's super heroes. They are artisan engineers who obsess the details and care more about delivering the very best product versus spending their time selling and marketing. I have a modest system, and each of them have gone out of their way to help me as I jumped back into analogue. Hard to put a price on that type of expertise.
I ended up with a Basis 2200 Signature, Vector 4 arm and a Lyra Delos cartridge...I could not be more pleased with the combo. I'm now buying lps and spending my time listening to music again. My dealings with A.J. at Basis and Bill at Audiofiel were very helpfull getting me on the right track in the old/new world of vinyl. I still listen to my old Sansui FM tuner...but not many CDs get played.
This is long ago but I have been sick. I still have the Basis but now have a highly modded LP12. I have the SME mount so no direct comparison is possible but I like the Linn better but I paid more for it and the Basis is still very good.