A new mat for my Linn LP12

I was looking at the 'Way Excellent 2' by Herbies Turntable mats. Do you have any thoughts on this. I originally was looking to buy the mat cheaper on the web when I came across these.
peterdamroth
Just use the Linn felt mat. Bought my LP12 in 88'. Kept it a Linn till 95/96; then started to think that I could tweek it for the better. Still sounded great, but didn't realize that I had lost the Linn ability to "Play the Tune" In April, I took it to "Tom" at Ovature Audio in Ann Arbor, MI. Tom overhauled my Linn, - upgraded Tonearm cable, New Felt Mat, put the special mat I had on it along w/ the SOTA Cosmos record clamp in a box. The Linn now "Plays the Tune" again! As it says in the Linn manual. They are continually trying to improve the LP 12!! Stay with stock Linn or Linn upgrades ( even if they are expensive) You will have a great table that will play with other tables at their respective price points.

Best Wishes on your Journey 
Hi Peterdamroth,  I have an Linn LP12 circa early 80s.  I have the original Linn mat and the new Herbie 2 mat.  I read on the forums here how most prefer the original Linn, but I decided to give the Herbie's a try anyway.   Most who had tried the Herbie's had the original Herbie's mat instead of the 2.  I don't know what the difference is between the original Herbie's and the new one.   The Herbie's 2 seemed to lessen the bass response slighltly, but focused the mids and highs.  It was a trade off, but I kept the Herbie's 2 on the table.  The original Linn felt mat occasionally would stick to the lp because of static when I removed it from the table and you won't have that problem with the Herbie's.  I almost put the original mat in the LP cover a couple of times because I hadn't noticed it stick to the LP!  
Thank you for your thoughts. I think I'll go for the Linn product....next week, in case someone throws out some new info.:-)
Ivor T. told me to try the felt mat on both sides. Apparently there is a preferred side.
If the Linn felt mat is sticking to the LP; use a Zerostat, Mapleshade Antistat or Fureteck D'Stat. Should solve that problem and less dust attracted to LP too.

Best Wishes to all on this Journey.
Happy Holidays!