Wilson Audio Haters

I've always wondered why there are so many people out there, that more than any other speaker manufacturer, really hate the Wilson line. I own Maxx 2's and also a pair of Watt Puppys. They are IMHO quite wonderful.

Why does Wilson get so much thrashing?

128x128crazyeddy
Audio is all about music. Music is all about emotion.

When you want to be able to hear all the emotion the music possess than you need an audio system what can reveal all this information.

That is why we work by Tru-Fi. Tru-Fi consists of 8 parameters you judge sound for. This has nothing to do with personal taste. But is based on the human emotion. Each part of Tru-Fi influences our emotion.

We learned in over 18 years of time to subtract each single part of an audio system. We test each single audio tool on what the DNA is.

We build an audio system by properties of all the tools togheter in each system. We can proof and demo that each audiosystem by Tru-Fi owns a higher level of emotion and intensity.

Audio is normally chosen by trial and error. This means people connect an amp, speaker, source and cables togheter en judge.

The limitation of this all is that you will never understand why the stage and sound is what you hear. For us it is very simple to explain to people who have created an audio system by trial and error that it is incomplete.

Incomplete means it misses parts of Tru-Fi. From experience I can tell that people understand directly what is missing and what this part is and does.

Read what Tru-Fi means:

https://www.facebook.com/bobby.kingma/media_set?set=a.10156554423700083.1073741937.588405082&typ...

https://www.facebook.com/bobby.kingma/media_set?set=a.10156573228780083.1073741942.588405082&typ...

We want to give each single person the highest level in sound&vision possible. We don’t focus on a name or brand but on the quality and properties we are looking for.

We do a lot of reserach and tests. And we listen to new products to see if the quality would add to our demands. We don’t care about the name or brand. We want the best quality in each price range at the moment we life.

Only the best counts and 2nd and 3th best does not add anything in our world. In vision we work at the same level. We know in each price range what the best screen is. This is the only one we sell. We calibrate each screen with the best calibration system in the world.

Is it true some models come with a divorce kit? Alexandria's left a favorable impression audibly, visually they kept reminding me of the transformers. 

@dlcockrum Thanks for the compliment on my bike. Custom bikes are another obsession of mine :)

If I had no interest in bikes or HiFi gear I would be a wealthy man indeed LOL

@jmcgrogan2  Just wanted to be clear that I am by no means looking for others approval, I could care less what others think about my choices. I painted one of my Harleys pink, for example. How about that? HAHAHA

The reason for the post is that I have noticed over the years, even well before I owned Wilson, a trend towards slamming them and have been curious as to why. You make a valid point on pricing. I have never had the means to by new Wilsons, so I go after the used market and do quite well. You also hit the nail on the head mentioning proper gear upstream. Mostly with power. These are real bears to drive, and need lots of good power up front. I use a pair Bryston 28B STT2's so no issues there. They also keep my listening room nice an toasty warm in the winter months :)

bo1972,
" We don't focus on a name or brand but on the quality and properties we are looking for."  I am confused how you can say this.  You pretty much only focus on a few brands and if others state they like anything but your brands you callously put them down.  I really don't mean to sound rude, but you certainly don't hold back trashing others' purchases when they talk about them here, inlcuding the purchaser of the B&W 800 D(3)s who was asking about amplification.

I mostly think you just copy and paste the same lines.
Who cares you got great speakers enjoy them i have Magico people love to bad rap them as well i really don't care.If you are very happy with the sound as i am enjoy them many people have not heard these speaker set up well mine are in a great set up as I'm sure yours are that is all that counts.Enjoy!!