The Palladian-A step beyond

The new cartridge from Acoustical Systems may finally be the LOMC to fully realise the theoretical advantages of the genus.
And convince those long-suffering audiophiles to whom the 'modern' MC presentation has been anathema to 'live sound'....that the realism of vintage LOMCs like the SPUs and FR-7 series has finally been recaptured 👀
IMAGE 1 
IMAGE 2 
IMAGE 3 
IMAGE 4 
IMAGE 5 
IMAGE 6 
IMAGE 7 
128x128halcro
Geoch
(and I was wondering ... why you suddenly stop mail me ...)
My apologies - every spring I haul my a-- out of my rooms downstairs, and head north to reunite with the Bears. I could say that the terrain is treacherous with very bad internet signal, and it is true. But the real reason is the Bears don’t like me emailing, and they can be persuasive. Besides I believe email is becoming obsolete soon. In fact the soon to be leader of the free world just told us this morning, that no computer is safe ..........there u go *^)

My advice was beeswax/lead balls. You make your own decision once it was easily reversible, without asking and then you told me back the results. But truth is ... you didn’t follow my advice

Audiophile Rule # 2.

Never attempt "anything" that is not reversible. For the simple reason of
Rule #1.

Rule # 1 - Audiophiles are never happy and constantly seek change.

Oh, If anyone seeing this needs any Blue Tack, I still have lots....
I can still picture the nice ladies face at the Wal-mart checkout, when I clearing the store of all their Blue Tack stock back then. Her comment to me with a funny look on her face - "Sir, you do realize this is not on sale" Ah, the moments we need to endure to be an audiophile....:^(

Palladian Tip

Owners may put a bit on your torque wrench to help install and remove those expensive titanium screws. Never lose one in the carpet.
@ct0517 if you like Mary Chapin I hope you got her latest "The Things That We Are Made Of" on Vinyl -- well worth it for "Note on a Windshield" alone. My favorite of her LPs is "Come On, Come On" which is rare as hens teeth on vinyl but well worth tracking down

@geoch -- bass pedal on "Cinema Show" even more distinct! My Q3s do a fair job of getting it out but I'm sure I'm not getting that trouser flapping effect I could do with even bigger speakers 
Since I've sold my Proac Response 5/Goldmund Mimesis 7/8.4monos (back on 1997) I can only hear this on headphones.  
I remember the first time I heard it, was when I put the Goldmund Lineal interconnect  /  Cardas Hexlink Golden 5c speaker cables in the chain. It was not an easy task and till today, perhaps a handful of the set-ups I know, can express this bass pedal.
I'm trying these days with DIY class D stereo subs (programmable x-over) and I'm almost close to succeed. 
Hi Folkfreak
I discovered MCC by fluke a few years ago with Stones In The Road. A very nice surprise for me. I prefer this album to Come on, Come On. The lead up from John Doe #24 to Jubillee to Outside looking In - never fails to give me a better outlook (what I strive for), no matter what may have been inflicted on me earlier that day. My goal for 2017 is to continue what I started in 2016. To get through and learn 3k + mostly classical records that I added to my LP stash. I was faced with an enormous challenge when these came through the front door. So I asked, actually (pleaded) for help from the members here in how best to assimilate and integrate these records.

Henry, sorry for the shameless thread plug, but if anyone is a classical aficionado, your ideas are most welcome here.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/best-ways-to-organize-a-classical-record-lp-collection

I could not have made the progress I have made so far in this short time without the members help. Folkfreak thanks for the heads up on the new lp.

Hi Geoch (Giorgos)
The JN TT is parked in Room 2 - unplugged - future unknown. Platine/with Custom ET 2.5 continues to run the show. You know, if Analog was like Digital, according to my contacts still on a 2 year business cycle with new product out every couple of years, and prices slashed on previous generations; then I probably would have a bigger desire to sell it but.....as long as Analog turntables/tonearms/carts even Palladian (correct me if I am wrong here owners), still use records pressed on the same machines that are 50+ years old; then I don’t see the value difference between analog and digital changing much. Very pleased with my DAC and digital, but once vinyl hits the platter it stays on vinyl.

@ct0517 more interesting Mary Chapin facts and LPs/CDs to look up if you don't already have them

Firstly did you know that "Stones in the Road" was written for and first recorded by Joan Baez -- available on LP too on her "Play me Backwards" disc?

And here's a great version of them singing it together

Which is very reminiscent of the version form MCC's live CD "Party Doll" which I use as a test track for live sounding band play

Among Mary Chapin's other CD only releases my favorite is "Between Here and Gone" with "Goodnight America" an excellent test of a system's ability to cope with a well produced but busy mix and "Grand Central Station" just a deeply moving song ....