Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
schubert ...

"I know its heresy but I always thought Sarah was better than Ella."

Not heresy at all. Its the down to earth truth. There's just more soul being released from Sarah, and its transferred to the heart of the listener. 

In reading your's and Charles' last couple of posts its apparent how close our taste in jazz is. It seems we've come to the same conclusions ... Monk over Peterson, Sarah over Ella. And this is with what? ... probably close to 100 years of cumulative listening combined?  

"It puzzles me why people think that Patrica Barber IS a singer."

Thank you.  :-)

Frank
 Rep
Patricia Barber may be a great singer, but how can anyone tell? Her recordings are so drenched in artificial digital reverb it sounds like she's singing from the depths of an enormous cave.  This isn't intended to put Patricia Barber down ... its intended to put down the ham-handed recording engineer who can't keep his mitts off of the reverb dial on his mixing board.

Frank
Tolerance my fellow Agoners for music and artists others feel have value. I like all the artists mentioned including PB. Charles is very cordial and open minded as his comments always convey. I hope some are not saying she has no value because she is simply not their taste.

I like the the style of her recordings and like reverb and creative atmosphere at times. There is a season for many styles of music in my life. I love Sarah Vaughan as well.

i live in Nashville and while I am not particularly fond of country music, especially the new pop style stuff, I certainly respect the fact that many love it and feel the artists do add value to our culture and lives. 
Charles loved both of your suggestions today! Parkers Mood and Fingerpaintings are both in my favorites now and its been an enjoyable relaxed Friday of listening. Delving more into Nicholas Payton now with Into the Blue.
Charles has shared a lot of great music that I have very much enjoyed as well as others on this and other threads. I have been listening to Carmen McRae today. I like her recording of Billie Holiday tunes as well as Book Of Ballads. I do think her voice was better in the late 50’s and 60’s, but no doubt she sang with emotion after these years.

I have also added Fingerpaintings to my favorites!