Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Post removed 
Good is the enemy of the best.
 Good-enough is the enemy period .
 The main job of old-men is to impart the wisdom of truth to others , and for
 that you need to be as "elite" as possible !
 If you told a teen the Beetles are as good as Bach, you'd need your mouth
washed out with soap .
 What could be considered an "open-mind " at 18 would be an empty mind at  80 .
Very well said grannyring on all counts! Charles is a treasure trove of musical recommendations and as the French say vive la difference!
Jond,
I’m happy that you enjoyed those two recordings, I had a feeling they’d appeal to you. Regarding Nickolas Payton, he is one heck of a trumpeter. I really like Roy Hargrove but Payton has the better chops IMHO.

Wolf,
Yes, listening to Brad Mehldau yesterday Fred Hersch came to mind. It must have been fun to have worked with him. I’ll seek out Vijay Iyer. You could live 2 full lifetimes and still not cover all of the talented jazz musicians out there.

Bill,
Agree, music and audio components are the epitome of subjectivity,  we simply like what we like.
Charles
Another female singer I like a lot is Nancy Wilson ... but again, like Carmen McCrea, only her early work. 

On Patricia Barber (and other recording artists like her), my intent wasn't to insult anyone, especially anyone contributing to this thread.

I love natural recordings, especially those that are right from the master tapes. They are far closer to what was happening in the studio or on site. For those who have heard master tapes played back through their stereo system .... they know what I mean. There is a "you are there" presence not available on ordinary recordings. 

So many times, the artificial reverb is added to cloak a faltering voice due to age or a lack of talent to begin with. 

On Tony Bennett ... I hope he lives to 190. :-)

Frank