Best speakers under $500? Fire away!

Looking for suggestions for budget speakers under $500.  Can be floor or bookshelf.  
Let's hear the suggestions for the experts out there!

Thank you
34dean
@itzhak1969 Can't say you are wrong, subjective from people to people, gear matching also play a part here, my experience with all metal tweeters so far is not very good, it may give you a little bit more or big nuance in air and clearness, but not over a long listening sessions, also you hear different than I am, I'm a bit sensitive to metal tweeters, I would 99% try to avoid it and can confirm it cover less genre, some recordings sound harsh and overly detailed on top end, though I haven't heard of the Harbeth P3, which also metal tweeters if I remember
update: I compared the Gallo CL2's that I got on closeout for $390 to the Kef LS50 today at a dealer. I preferred the Gallos in every way. More detailed, wider soundstage, much faster sounding, blacker background and deeper bass. If you like speakers to relax you, no matter what music they are playing, the LS50's are for you, they make me sleepy. If you want to be engaged and excited listening to music, the Gallos are much better. End of story.
Hello all,

I am new to this forum. I am looking to build Home theater and to start with I am looking for two Bookshelf speakers. Budget is <$500 new/used. 

Currently I have Samsung 65KS8500 and Oppo 203 Blu Ray Player.

Should I go with amplifier, cheapest one for now and two book shelf speakers? If so, what are my brand/choices. Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.