901 series 2 speakers

hi, anybody out there have any thoghts of the bose 901 series 2 speakers?
128x128g_nakamoto
They weren't very good when they first came out and they would be simply dread
There's a few well written opinions and analysis of them. J. Gordon Holt's lengthy opinion and analysis is probably as straight and honest as you get. 
I'll withhold my personal opinion. 
g_nakamoto,
Do you happen to have an older pair? I ask because I know that you have that older Phase Linear amplifier, and they require a lot of power.
People have different opinions of them, and there is an occasional poster here that really loves them. When you think about it, they are a type of omnidirectional, but not 360 degrees. They still use sound waves bouncing off the back walls to create their spacious effect. If you want to go that way, there are (I think) better speakers for it, like Ohms, Shahinians or Duevels. I recently bought a pair of the Duevels to use for an occasional change of pace, and I am really enjoying it.
The problem with the Bose is that you are using power sucking equalization to get those small drivers to produce bass. On the other hand, they look cool, and you can get a pair in good condition for an affordable price just to play around with.