Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Allan ...

Thanks for the heads up on the Bybee product. I’m a little confused by your post though. I read through the Bybee article and they cite the price at $150. In your post you say that "you got the device today and its the best $300 bucks you ever spent. Did the price go up to $300 each, or did you buy two of them? Thanks ...

Frank
Frank,

Sorry about the confusion.  I bought 2 of those and use one on each side of my outlet like the author posted on the web site.  They are awesome and I just found them hard to believe that would make such a difference.  To me it is just a piece of wood and not plug in to anything.  I am still in shock but my wife noticed the sound improved too.  According to Jack from Bybee, it will also improve the quality on your TV.  He also told me in email that I should try them in my fuse box outside of my house.  Since I only have them for 2 days, I will follow up later with more details.

Allan
^^^ Thanks, Allan.

I've read the reviews and the devise seems to improve the tonal balance of instruments even further. Accurate tonal balance is one of the most important things to attain in an audio system in my opinion. I'll start trying them one at t time ... one per month. Thanks again ...

Frank
I've got one of the Bybee iQSEs arriving today or tomorrow. Plan to put it in my DAC.
After reading about the iQSE yesterday, I emailed Parts Connexion to see if they would be carrying them along with the other Bybee products in their line. Here is their response.  

Bybee is re-designing it…..so, we are between production runs.

New version will be out in about 25 days or so.

$150 retail…..our intro special will be 20% Off.

Let us know if you’d like place an order, and we back-order it for you. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Chris Johnson - President,

1504377 Ontario Limited o/a

PARTS CONNEXION

5403 Harvester Road

Unit 1

Burlington, Ontario

CANADA  L7L 5J7