What are the more subtle sounding tube preamps?

I mean "subtle" as in relatively less tube saturation or color than your average tube-pre. Common sense tells me less tubes as in a single dual-triode, but in reality that may not be the case. I currently have my eye on a CJ Classic. Not sure if that will fit the bill.  Any suggestions welcome.
robertsong
Yeah, I think less "lushness" or "bloom" is what I'm looking for.  Somewhere b/t tube and SS I guess. 

The Audio Research Ref 5se is a real bargain for what it sells for used. Still one of the best sounding preamps available today.

Have a look at VTL's pre-amp. IMHO their pre-amps lean to the bright/clear side of tube pre's.  Also take a listen to Mcintosh's pre's.

CJ is lush and rich or warm if you prefer .  I think that is clear, but I disagree about ARC.  My early ARC SP6B is not warm at all, not sure we are talking the same language but it was modded when I got it.

If you want a tube pre that leans towards the SS sound, ARC is for you, very clean, clear and I suppose neutral sound .  I hesitate about neutrality because these are opinions about sonics not measurements by instruments.

BTW sometimes CJ warmth is a good thing, all depends on you, the track, and the rest of your gear.