Oppo UDP - 205

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-205/
unsound
Ozzy,

How do you use the 205 to record hi-rez audio from Blu-ray concerts to an external hard drive?

db
dbphd,

I own a Tascam 3000 recorder.
First I record to a SD card then transfer that to my hard drive via my laptop. I transferred my SACD's and DVD's also to the hard drive.
ozzy

Ozzy,

I have a Tascam DA-3000 as well.  How do you record an SACD to an SD card?  The Oppo 205 outputs DSD over HDMI, but the DA-3000 doesn't have an HDMI input.

@dgarretson

Just going on memory and if I’m not mistaken, the 205 can output DSD via the digital output ports. "Can" in this case means there is a setting whereby you can toggle that on or off. The digital output ports in this case are the optical Toslink and Coax.
I have the OPPO 205 plugged into the balanced inputs of a MAC MA7900. The audio output stage of the OPPO is about as sophisticated as they get with exceptional DACS. Can't say that I have heard a better CD player. When combined with the UHD Blu
Ray capability it has to be one of the best buys on the market.
They (OPPO) are simply the best at innovation. Have had many of their products. They know industrial design and are well aware of how their products will be used.