Tekton Speakers,Who owns them and what did you replace and why.

Now obviously this thread has been started for the owners of any current model of Tekton speakers and if you haven't at least heard them keep your speculation to yourself.If you have heard or owned any current model and decided they aren't for you I would like to read your opinion as well.

This thread is intended for learning and furthering the enjoyment of music playback in our homes.

I own the Double Impacts myself and I will add bits of my story as this thread progresses,most of which has been posted in other threads,I want to hear from others.

Let her ripp,

Kenny.
kdude66
Ordered a new pair of Pendragon speakers last October.  Had them for 3 days and back they went.  Did not care for them at all, plus it cost me 295.00 to ship back to the factory, never again.
I can relate to the Pendragons,I heard them in a friends system about 3yrs ago,I even tried some of my gear with them and I personally found them to be a Bombastic incoherent mess.

My friend still has them and still loves them,go figure.

Kenny.

I replaced a pair of Daedalus Ulysses speakers with the Double Impacts. I spent three weeks pulling what's left of my hair out trying to choose between them, as I thought each had very particular strengths. If I had been forced to choose in two weeks, I probably would have kept the Ulysses. But after 150-200 hours or so, I knew I would not be able to give up the utterly beguiling sound of the Double Impacts. For anyone considering an audition, be sure to give them some time, although they should also sound good right out of the box. They will get better, believe me.

I still consider the Daedalus speakers to be fantastic, and of course they are gorgeous. But these Double Impact speakers keep me up way too late night after night pulling me into the music and keeping me pinned in my listening chair. At that point, I don't give a rat's patoot about parsing the differences in that quality or this quality in obsessive comparison and contrast between speakers. The Double Impacts have reminded me of a basic truth, that turns out not to be so basic and maybe not so true among audiophiles: it's all about the music. Everything else is just a means to that end.

Post removed 
waltersalas,

Very nice assessment of 2 very nice speakers.
Would you say the DI's sound is very musical and engaging and you just enjoy the music and don't even think about putting on the audiophile hat.

That's how it is for me and they make it much harder to review any gear upstream of them.

Kenny.