Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
mattspl
"One thing I noticed though which differs from most users here is that I found the fuses to perform better with the writing against the current flow. I experienced that slight out of phase sensation with the fuses this way but then they transform bringing out a huge, wide and deep soundstage with imaging I’ve never heard so good in my system. Reversing the fuse direction, so the writing goes with the current flow causes the mids and highs to be recessed and detail and imaging lost."

>>>>>Makes sense to me. The bottom line is the fuse - any fuse, even stock off the shelf fuses - should be tried both ways. You cannot necessarily rely on the manufacturer to keep track of directionality of the wire. Even HiFi Tuning says, try it both ways, even though there’s an Arrow (diode) symbol on the fuse. For a long time if memory serves SR used to claim that their patented million volt treatment made their fuses non directional. Not sure if they’ve backed off that claim but they probably should if they haven’t. 😀

Al,

With the proper spelling I found this..https://www.google.com/patents/US9732234..

Two days ago I was doing a search for graphene suspensions and I found mentions of patents that Sherwin Williams had for paints and industrial coating that contain graphene as surface protectant.

The http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/100399-enabl-processes.html .. U.S. patent # 5,304,746 of Bud Purvine can also be applied to all flat surfaces including walls and ceilings...everyone seems to guess why this surface treatment works,,and it does and why the particular material was chosen as the paint. Not much to do with standing waves...In my opinion the pattern and the conductive surface speed of the cured paint are the key. Thanks Al..Tom

They've been using Graphene in tennis rackets for about 4 years. Both Murray and Djokovich use Graphene rackets. Graphene has been around for audio applications "only" two years. 

It took you guys long enough to find the patent. 😁

I am slightly dubious about the Blue fuses. Usually these options that lower noise throw out the baby with the bath water. Yes, you get a lower noise floor, but it's usually achieved by removing the low level high frequencies. If you want that pinpoint imaging, and in-room sound, then that's fine. Given OP's description of the Blue fuse, that sounds like the case.

I'm left unsure of whether to keep my order of the sale priced Black fuse, replace it with a Blue, or get both. It's too bad they won't replace the sale price Black with a Blue for the $20 extra.