Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Update on grills for you folks still waiting: they are shipping now. Just heard from Tekton.
333jeffery
well, that is good news. Been waiting a couple months and was wondering when they might ship out. Called karma repeatedly and no firm date was given so resorted to calling every week!
greg
Here is how my Amp shootout has gone over the last few weeks with the Tektons. I brought in an Odyssey Candela Pre and Kismet power with all upgrades available. I brought in the newest LTA offerings. The MZ2 and the ZOTL 10 Mark2 also fully loaded, and the Lyngdorf 2170 on the recommendation of Kenny (kdude66) and due to Bill (grannyring) comments on it. Everything was dutifully broken-in.
First, the Odyssey was a total mistake. Both on a customer service and performance basis. I don't want to sling too much mud, but for me, it was a really bad choice to even call them. If you would like the gory details, PM me please.
Next, dealing with Mark at LTA was just the opposite. Customer service was over the top. The units were well made and just cool looking. I really don't like the "light bulb farm" look of most tube amps, nor the sound coloration. The LTA had neither of those characteristics. Plus Teejay seems to love them too, so I chose them to represent the Tubular faction. In testing I can't understand how anyone could listen to just the one watt of the MZ2 in a reasonable size room unless you listening to camber music or something like acoustic guitar or piano. The dynamics on anything else just isn't there for me. But, that's just me. Now with the ZOTL 10 inline, it is a totally different story. Even with just 10-12 watts the difference was dramatic. Very clean, detailed and dynamic with the Tektons. I wholeheartedly recommend anyone "amp fishing" to give LTA a listen. Unlike Odyssey, Mark made his product trials very painless. Just do it. 
But alas, the winner was the Lyngdorf. It was just a step better than the LTA. Wendy and I went through extensive blind testing. This included the LTA vs the Lyngdorf with both a roomperfect corrected output as well as an uncorrected mode against the LTA. It also included both Digital input and Vinyl. Consistantly over many types of music the LTA was always third, the room corrected 2170  was generally second and the uncorrected 2170 was most often first. I would have bet the LTA would have come out on top with the analog/vinyl input, but even with the Lyngdorf doing an A/D conversion, and the LTA path being all analog, the Lyngdorf sounded better by a similar margin as with the Digital input.
I was surprised by the Lyngdorf. I never gave much credence to Class D, but in my room, in my chair, both my wife and I preferred the Lyngdorf. And I honestly was rooting for the LTA since it is much cooler looking than the 2170, which is closer to the excitement level of a clock radio. Calling Mark to let him know the LTA stuff was coming back was really tough too. Again, if I hadn't heard the 2170, I would have been totally please with the LTA performance. But side by side, the Lyngdorf is noticeably better sounding. The DIs really do reflect what's in front of them. They seem to love the 2170.
This is my opinion, take if for what it's worth. It and $5 will get you half a cup of bad coffee at Starbucks. I don't carry a lot of clout in this forum, don't claim to be an expert, haven't owned every piece of equipment ever made. I hesitated for a long time posting anything because this thread is getting very testy at times. But I thought I could open some minds to other possibilities. And Kenny and Bill are also huge fans of the product. Those two carry a bit of clout in my book, and I appreciate them opening my mind to other possibilities. Very much so.
Thanks for your update bullitt. Very informative and interesting. The Lyngdorf seems to suspend traditional belief......how can one seemingly innocuous unit perform so well on so many levels? And do so at such a reasonable price? Very intriguing to say the least and I appreciate you sharing your experience with it. Looks like I need to try a Lyngdorf next year. 

I agree with your assessment of LTA's products and service, both are top notch. I'm enjoying the MZ as a pre amp with my Aric Audio amp. Sorry to hear about your experience with Odyssey, I was fortunate to have had a great sales experience with them. 

Great to hear different perspectives on driving the DI's. Thanks again for your appraisal.
@bullitt5094
Consistantly over many types of music the LTA was always third, the room corrected 2170 was generally second and the uncorrected 2170 was most often first.

Thanks for posting your findings between the three amplifier choices you made.

I'm curious about the above. Why do you feel the uncorrected TDAI performance came out ahead of the room corrected one?