Newbie Looking for Advice on Streaming Music

Hello Audiogon world.

I am new to this hobby but I think it will suit me well as it looks like it is an endless pursuit of perfection of sound without ever really getting there.  I love the endless possibilities, difference in thought, technology driven aspect mixed with old school art.

I am in the process of building my first 2 channel set up and recently picked up a Primaluna Dialogue HP and a pair of Sonus Faber Chameleons for starters.

Im looking to stream music from Tidal to the new equipment as simple as possible without compromising sound as much as I possibly can (budget permitting of course)

I have been doing some research and I must say this part of the equation is rather confusing with a lot of technical speak that gets brought into the discussion which is a bit overwhelming for a newbie trying to soak it all in.

Do I need to purchase a high quality DAC?
Can I just buy a streaming box like the Paradigm PW Link or Def Tech W Adapt and hook it into the Primaluna?
Do I go with the Halide Design DAC HD D/A Converter from computer straight into Primaluna?
I also read about the wyred4sound modified Sonos Connect.  Does that plus into a DAC or straight into Amp?

Apologies for all the newbie questions.  I did try searching and doing some research but found myself getting confused.  If someone could help me clear up what I will need that will set me on the path to researching the best value for my budget for each component I will need to accomplish my goals of streaming my music from Tidal.

Thanks in advance.  I think this will be a fun hobby!

Don

donblackie
Thank you Mesch.  I did stumble across Bluesound.  If that is the recommended streamer for higher fidelity systems that makes it nice and easy.

Question, if all it takes is a $500 box, why are there DACs out there that cost $20K+?  What do those do? (just for my own education)

Thanks!

Don

Don it's one thing to get music out of a "box" and another to have it sound good. Many devices, the Blue Sound Node, I use an Auralic Aries Mini, will output sound, a good DAC will make that sound better. And presumably $20K DACs sound amazing but nothing you need to worry about, there are tons of DACs out there at a variety of price ranges.
Jond

Understood and I appreciate the point you are making which is "good sound" is all relative.  I guess what I am trying to figure out is, what is the appropriate level of component to pair with the stuff I have already purchased?

Is hooking up a bluesound appropriate for the amp and speaker combo I have?

The other hobby I have is race cars.  Id align this with putting a set up cheap tires on a high performance car. 
If you had a honda civic, you could go with budget tires.  
If you have a mercedes, you could go with mid range tires
If you have a ferrari, you more than likely want to go with high end tires.

Is my gear I already purchased the honda civic, the mercedes or somewhere in between? 

Should I invest my money first in a good quality DAC first (for which I can hook up a laptop to) then look for a streaming box after? 

Thanks for the advice thus far.  Im learning a ton

Don