What amp should be used with merlin vsm's?

Maybe merlin owners can help me with this, I am looking for an amp to go with my merlins. Should I get a belles 150a hotrod or sim w5 or a b&k st140. Are there any other amps I should look at? Which of these can bring me the best sound? I would like to get joule's vzn100 but am not financially ready, but if there is a tube amp that costs less- something under $3500 used, I would consider it.
pedrillo
the past 14 years I hve driven various versions of VSM speakers with Music Reference Rm9 Mk I & MK II, Berning Zh270 and Joule Electra VZN 100 OTL.

All of the amps have had their strong points charm. I agree with Bobby, the El34's in the MR products had a midrange magic that was down right seductive in every sense of the word.

The Berning Zh270 a sense of clarity, speed and bottom end slam and sounds excellent. This amp was also the most profoundly affected by tube swapping.

My reference since 2004 has been the JE VZN 100 OTL with Music Wood chasis. The are built like tanks, easy on tubes and simply make fantastic music with the Merlins.

My .02 cents.

Jim
Jim, I have been using the Music Reference RM9 Special Edition and the Atma-sphere M60s, and while different, I like them both and no way I can decide to sell one off, they both work there own kind of magic with the Merlins, there is something special about OTLs and I'm sure you know exactly what I mean with your Joules. For someone on a relative budget, I would strongly recommend the Music Reference RM10 amp, or the Ars Sonumn or Manley Stingray integrateds.