Sound Anchor Stands

I'm considering Sound Anchors stands for my new Pulsars. They have a top plate which bolts in to the holes in the bottom of the speaker. Blu-tak is not necessary and stability is enhanced. Since they are metal stands, can the bottom of the speaker be damaged by placing it on the metal top plate directly? I was told that wrapping clear packing tape around the top plate would work, but I don't know. Any thoughts or suggestions?
rlb61
The Sound Anchors are great stands I also recommend them. My AN speakers don't bolt so just using four small blobs of Blu-tak. They will make your Pulsars sound even better.
@jond ... I'm really looking forward to putting the Pulsars on the SA stands. They sound so great now, but if they're gonna sound even better with the SAs (as you say), then it's gonna be wild. Talk about audio nirvana.
My new SA Signature stands for Aerial LR5s have a separate (quite heavy) plate that bolts onto the speaker bottom and then the plate bolts to the top plate of the stand.

There are two reasons for this separate plate. First, the threaded holes in the bottom of the speaker are unfortunately positioned to conflict with the large'ish vertical posts on the stands and second, the LR5s are meant to be tilted back a small amount so the mfg provides a small gold-plated cone to position between the plate on the bottom of the speaker and the top plate of the stand.  Since the stand bolts to the plate, even with the cone in-place, you can have a very solid stand-speaker connection even with the speaker angle raked back somewhat.  

I do not use the cone to angle back the speaker since i am able to get the angle I need by adjusting the footers at the bottoms of the stands.  Therefore, the two plates are tight together in my set-up.  

To your question, I believe SA provided me some blue (sorbathane?) pads to place between the bottom of the speaker and the "floating" plate.  I believe I actually used some denser material (i.e., small round pads) from edenSound or maybe from Herbies since I don't  like squishy footers like the blue stuff that came from SA.  I can't remember which, but I think maybe I used the thin dots made from dbNeutralizer (Herbies), or it could have been isodamp  material provided by edenSound - but I think I used the Herbies stuff.
Bought my SA stands 27 yrs ago when I bought my Spendor S100's!  When I bought them they didn't come with any 'badges' or anything.  Last year I contacted SA and asked about purchasing a set of badges for my stands.  The lady was very kind and told me to simply send a picture of my stands, which I did and she than sent me the badges, free!

Originally bought targets best stand...there descent...moved up to sound anchor for atc 19’s...They are the best (imho)...The small sorbethane adds barely nothing to tone...tried several of the "best" recommended and meh...back to original...he had it right.

They will protect you speakers too.