Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66
Redboob(k) aside, thanks for the feedback from those using the 2170 with this configuration. 
Kalali,
You bring up a very good question and valid concern.

My quick answer,without writing a novel,would be to bring one in and try for yourself.That’s the only true way for you to find out.

You May Just Luv it or not.
Kenny.
Just got confirmation that my 2170 will ship from Denmark on Monday. That puts it in my hands maybe late next week. Waiting sucks! Will be out of town next weekend which also sucks. 

corell
i
281 posts

I wish I loved computer based audio but for multiple reasons I don’t. I like my CD’s. Just received a box set of 60 Vivarte CD’s and lovin’ it! All this for $1.50 a CD. It’s a great time to load up. But I know in time I will need to get on board. (see oppo thread)

So here’s what I’m thinking. I love the ability the 2170 has to high pass my Double Impacts. Possibly cleaner sound with less of a demand on both the speakers and the 2170’s amp while affording a clean transition to my duel subs (all set up as suggested by Lyngdorf). To spin my discs I am looking at a transport. I would probably go with the base 2170. (Wish Lyngdorf/dealers would facilitate allowing the end user to add boards.)

With the standard digital inputs on the 2170, what type of connection would you guys suggest? Do you think a Cambridge cxc transport would significantly limit the potential of the 2170?

Corelli,
You do know that you could rip all of your CDs into JRiver Media Center running on your PC .You can rip them in .wav format which would be Bitperfect. You get a Fantastic interface ,a Digital EQ, awesome graphics for your album, songs , etc to display on a TV., and you can send it out to the 2170 for the Digital to Analog Conversion, all the while using the "Awesome" RoomPerfect to high pass to your speakers and adjust to your room, giving you the "Best" sound you can get.
grey9hound, I do appreciate your words of encouragement.  I recognize their are advantages as you have noted.  I guess in the end I favor a simple and reliable approach that uses equipment with a very high performance/price ratio.  Hence, my interest in the 2170.  An elegant piece of gear to be sure.

The thought of ripping all those CD's--wished it excited me.  And then there were all those pictures of my Italy trip that were lost due to a computer mishap.  Arrrrrrrrgh!

So for right now I'm a happy dinosaur with my shiny discs. I can carefully hold them.  They are very tangible.

But things may well change in time.