Do speaker cables need a burn in period?

I have heard some say that speaker cables do need a 'burn in', and some say that its totally BS.
What say you?

128x128gawdbless
I undestand very well science is incomplete and open to progression and change. But the physics of electron flow and signal transmission is extremely well established as to basic principals.  These princilals are well measurable by incredibly sophisticated techniques. We also undertand the limits of the human ear. What IS open to much more understanding and theorizing is the human mind and its perceptions of speech and music. As well as its ability to form tribal alliances and belief systems. That is why I think it is probabilistically much more likely that tne explanations for perceptions we are discussing are found there. By many orders of magnitude. These are not perfect arguments, none are, but highly likely ones.
Some good reading is by Jonathan Haight, Daniel Levetin, Leonid Perlovsky (who has some fascinating ideas on the "purpose" of music and how it might in turn influence perception).
I am trying to advance the principals by which open minded people can parse challenging ideas with many parts, which does include some appeal to authority IF that authority is well grounded. Otherwise we are just living in our own heads. I have no interest in a pissing contest with GK, rather I am making a case for interested parties, like the OP, from the perspective of someone who has looked into many of the overlapping areas in some depth. BTW my personal starting point of thinking about the issues was that different wire would improve my audio listening experience.

Addendum for Andy2. I respectfully suggest the billiard anology is incomplete for electron flow. Quantum principals come into play, the role of "electron drift" vs signal transmission makes for fascinating reading. For me, the bottom line is that for signal in vs signal out, in the wires we are discussing, the physics is well established and not altered by a few hundred hours of music olaying time.
+1. @cleeds  You said " What I do think is odd is that those who clamor for others to pursue measurements or blind testing seem so reluctant to undertake the work themselves."  EXACTLY!  If you are appealing to the importance of measurements then supply the data to prove your assertion.

One more thing... Do the scientists and electrical engineers here truly believe that all happenings have measurements derived from scientific experiments that explain those happenings?

Metaphysics baby....metaphysics. 🧐
Hifiman
No, at least I, me, this EE, do not believe we have science derived explanations for many things in the universe, and especially in our heads. But for audio frequency signal transmission over several meters of cable, yes, I do.
Don't forget that the military and big industry has had huge interest and investment in this exact topic for over 100 years.  So they have looked hard at both hypothesis and practicality.
So, help me understand. You think that anyone who disagrees with you is creating a pissing contest? Is that that the EE part of your brain talking or the pharma part?