Best vintage DD turntables from the 70's and 80's?

Howdy folks-

We’ll I’ve got the vinyl bug for sure. 6 months ago, I bought my first TT, a nice Technics 1200 GR along with some killer vintage MM carts like Audio-Technica, Stanton and a few Grace. I love my GR! I love that little silver bastard A LOT as a matter of fact. A couple weeks ago, my second table arrived, a minty fresh Luxman PD-444 from Japan. This is a Micro Seiki built TT and was the "tits" in the mid 70’s. I can mount 2 arms on the Luxman. I’ve got a nice Victor 7045 arm coming soon along with a Victor X-1IIe MM cart which work quite well together.

I’d like to add another Vintage TT from the 70’s or 80’s and probably phase out the GR. I like the look of the old Pioneer, Denon and Victor tables. I’d like to get a vintage table that can be serviced if needed, something I can add a sweet vintage arm too. 3 arms are better than two!

I’d like to hear suggestions and comments on some fantastic, cool as crap, vintage turntables that you think should sit next to the Luxman.

Thanks again for your help!

Brent

128x128knollbrent
Der @knollbrent : Other alternative you have are the new/today Technics TT's.

In your price rnge you don't need to deal with a vintage one. Today makes no sense to me.
R.
Some people just don't understand that classic high-end only increased its value over the years on the used marked, while the new high-end only decreased in value once it leave the shop. New Technics turntables will be availabe for the next 20 years and the price will be lower on the used market (except for the limited edition model). Some of the best vintage DD turntables getting rare and highly collectible. Some of them are incredibly good compared to the most new turntables. Like a classic cars they have charming design compared to the ugly turntables of today.    
Thank you @rauliruegas  for your suggestions. With all the suggestions I've gotten on this thread and the research I've done, I can't say that I can do any better than the Luxman. 

1. First of all, it's super hard to find some of these suggested vintage tables, IF you can find them. 

2. IF you do find one, it's gonna cost a lot and it might need some work done still. The build quality of the Luxman is top notch. I wouldn't want anything less. 

3. As @chakster states, the "Classics" are in a league of their own. Like a classic car, but you still have to find one and fix it if needed. 

4. I need flexibility to be able to change arms too and I'm seeing most of these vintage tables have fixed arms. That's why the Luxman is so good for this reason. Easy peasy to swap out arms. 

Now, what I'm beginning to think of is entertaining the thought of selling the Technics GR at some time and getting a bad ass NEW table that has the ability for 2 arms. Something really cool. Direct drive the way to go? Not interested in having to fidget with belts etc unless it's not a problem. 

I'm going to research some of the new tables and see what I come up with. 
best-groove154 posts10-06-2018 11:05pm
The SP10 sounds a little "edgy" in comparison....

What plinth do you use?

Certainly not my words.   

I have a SP10mk3, not mk2.  It is in the factory plinth with Stillpoint V feet, micro seiki CU180 copper mat with Thales Simplicity II tonearm
and JP Jones wonderful MN6042 chip replacement     - a must for all SP10 mk3's 
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/technics-sp-10mk3-turntable-and-jp-jones-replacement-chip-for-mn6042

sound is powerful, concise, energetic and smooth - The P3 has a fraction more top end extension imo.

cheers
A refurbished SP10mk3 could be a fun possibility. Staying with vintage DD, 2 arm capability. I wonder how the SP10mk3 compares to the new G? 

@downunder @lewm  @ch