B&W 802 N vs. D

I apologize in advance since this is probably an old question, but can someone summarize for me the differences in the sound of the 802 N and 802 D? I am wondering if the D's are worth the extra $$ they go for.
diw
I suggest listening to other speakers..ie Wilson/Dynaudio/Focal/Kharma etc etc before spending any money on B&W
I owned WP 3/2 for many years. Have to say I think the 802N are better. Haven't listened to Wilson recently, but newer version would be much more expensive.
y might just be accustomed to the N sound/familar!

Good for you save the $$ & stick w/them.

aim hestitant to drop any more $$ on new 800 series b&w as i think there about due for an up-grade.
owned WP 3/2 for many years. Have to say I think the 802N are better. Haven't listened to Wilson recently, but newer version would be much more expensive

I sure hope so ,The 3/2 is trash IMO..On the used market for what the 802d cost you can get watt/puppy7 and real soon the 8s..Confidence C4 with cash in pocket,Kharma 3.2 with cash in pocket etc etc...look around and listen,thats all I suggest
I've heard both the 800D, 802D, and 803D. I've also heard the 800N and 801N. To my mind, the re-design incorporating the diamond tweeter makes the newer 'D' versions a considerably better speaker. I found the overall sound presentation to be more of a piece with the D than its predecessor, and the upper frequencies are incredibly clean and distortion free, so much so that I didn't hear the tweeters at all (this is very rare and the sign of a really good tweeter IMO). I found the music has an added sense of naturalness and realism with the D version. The presentation also sounded less strained to me.

Make sure you here the D version after proper break-in. After having the 'before' and 'after' results with the 800D specifically, I found it really does make a difference.

I would have to disagree with Missioncoonery. I find that the 800D is a superb loudspeaker.