ARC Ref 5se inferior to LS28?

This is what a big dealer told me the other day. Dealer speak or right on the money? Would very much like to hear opinions of the many knowledgeable ARC users on Audiogon. Thanks

Any new news on ARC preamps- Ls28 Ls27 Ref6  Ref5se- Moving in and out of units - Bad move  Good move?? 
If one can’t trust an ARC dealer’s word for an ARC product recommendation, then who can one trust?
I recently auditioned the LS28 and Ref 5SE at a dealer. All else (Wilson Sasha DAW, kimber cables, arc ref250 amps, Linn akurate source, room position) remaining unchanged - the ref5SE offered a marginal improvement in presence, weight and sound stage over the Ls28. Tonality was virtually indistinguishable. Slightly better bass with 5SE. I cant numerically quantify the improvement - but i'd say it falls under the diminishing returns category. If it takes a spectacular system to reveal the marginal difference - i cant imaging how in an average users system the 5SE would outshine the LS28. That was my objective take - YMMV
very reasoned opinion. need more like this. so much money is paid for a “difference” sometimes its just that. a difference. might be better..might not