What are the best speakers you have ever owned and why?

I just recently recieved my long awaited Shahinian Diapason 2’s from Vasken And they are absolutely spectacular! This got me thinking about my long journey to get here. Bless my wife for putting up with the many many many speakers that have passed through. The lifelong saga began with Magneoan MG 1’s back in college which were replaced by Dahlquist DQ 10’s. Then we traveled down a long road of speakers and systems. Magnepan Tympanis, Misson 770, Randall Rsch DQ10’s, Quad ESL single and stacked, Acoustat II, rogers LS3/5A’s, Linn Isobarik’s (2 pairs) B&W 801 Matrix, Hales Signature, Martin Logan Monolith2, Apogee Scintilla (1 ohm) Apogee Full Range, Theil SC 5A, Egglestonworks Andra, B&W Nautilius 801,Quad 63 and some I’m sure I forgot! Each speaker had its virtues and flaws but oh what a fun and a times frustrating trek! I think I have finally found my speaker to take me to retirement they do everything that I value wonderfully . They are detailed without sounding so, very dynamic, they have great low end reach, power and detail, are open sounding like a planner, their tonality and timbre seem spot on and they sound wonderful on any kind of music. Tell me about your journey!
hamr

I've really enjoyed all the speakers I've owned.   And it would seem a bit arbitrary to believe one of them was "the best."  But if I absolutely had to give that prize to a single speaker, it would be the Thiel 3.7s I owned.They had an essentially neutral character that did not rob the tone of beauty but allowed an organic sense to come through.  They through a massive sound stage with the best I've owned, but with greater imaging density and precision.  And they were more "invisible" coherent and controlled from top to bottom than any speaker I've owned.

I am surprised Wilson Audio didn’t make the list.  I can certainly understand what Focal was not listed.

i am surprised the SALK Song3 Encore’s didn’t make the list.  I listened to them at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in October and felt they sounded better than others priced above $60,000.
My list from 1973,
Altec 886A
JBL L-36
Altec Model 9
Altec 846-B Voice-of-the-Theatre
Yamaha NS-1000
Dahlquist DQ-10
Polk RTA-11
Legacy Model 1
Legacy Sig. 2
Legacy Illusion
B&W 802-D
Vandersteen Treo CT. with 2Wq sub.

What a fun ride!!!
If you don't count anachronistic speakers like my Dad's  1959 JBL C36s, then my Focal 936 Electras.  Simultaneously the best and the worst. When I finally got the right tube amps to play them they were glorious, unmittigated splendor bofore the Tube amps Consonance Cyber 800 mono blocks a humble Cary 6SN7 based Pre amp and Cardas gold ref interconnects they were a constant challenge. Once solved nothing better imho.
Horrible Fisher speakers unbelievably bad. Worked at store where I got them free.
Yamaha ns10m - my first real speakers.
Acoustat 2mh - wow, first audiophile 
ADS L1290 - decent
Silverline Sonata - what a midrange!@!
Linkwitz  Orion 
Linkwitz LX521 - fixed mids of Orion really great
PBN - some huge speakers. Great, but too big
Dennis Murphy Philharmonic 3 - nice overall