Why not horns?

I've owned a lot of speakers over the years but I have never experienced anything like the midrange reproduction from my horns. With a frequency response of 300 Hz. up to 14 Khz. from a single distortionless driver, it seems like a no-brainer that everyone would want this performance. Why don't you use horns?
macrojack
I have heard of ALE. Though $76k for a pair of drivers is a bit over my budget. And those aren't as high bandwidth. The Faital drivers (got my second one today) sound great down to about 350hz with a 48dB XO filter. I don't think there are any CHDs on the market that go this low with as flat a response. Sounds fantastic. Though it's showing me how much of a bad link my 18" drivers are.

I'm debating about building an open baffle bass set up, but putting the open baffle in the corners of the room... that effectively turns the entire room into a bass horn. Might be interesting to try at some point.
Verneal, I think your comments are stuck in a groove.
My horns do not appear to be much larger in footprint than your Thiels.
:-) Yeah, I think the ALEs are beyond most everyone's budget. Interesting that you run the Faital that low.
Compression drivers for $76,000 per pair leaves me wondering what could possibly justify such a price. If my drivers were blocks of pure gold they might not be worth that much money.
I wrote the above entry yesterday with an eye toward hyperbole. Then this morning I wondered about the numbers and did this calculation.

My drivers weigh 7.3 lbs each or 116.8 ounces. Gold bullion is selling today for $1324.66 per ounce. So that works out to $154,720.29 per driver.

That is actually 4 times the price of the ALE drivers,so I exaggerated much more than I actually thought. Nonetheless, I'm still left wondering what could possibly make those drivers so costly. Does anyone know?