Altec A7 yay or nay?

I have the opportunity to buy  Altec A7 cabinets ($100 a pair) and Horns ($260 a pair) without any cones to either.
The cabinets and grills are in great shape as is the Horn.
My question is, is it worth a punt? as a DIY project that has to be done on the cheap.
Any suggestions as to alternative cones/crossover would be greatly appreciated. 
The chap does have the crossover also, not sure what he is asking though.
This is more of a whim purchase and not a necessity.
I know one thing, it is going to be hard to slip them into the house without anyone noticing, lol...

128x128gawdbless
Do it! The missing 15" woofers are readily available, and were commonly the JBL D130 or equivalent. If the horns are missing the compression drivers that should be there, those too are available. You should buy the x/o from the seller, but the A-7 x/o schematic should be easy to find on the 'net, and you can have a local ee build you a pair. If you don't like the resulting sound, you can always sell them to a local Rock band---they are a classic PA speaker. They do tend to dominate a room, though!
I found that my A7s I dragged around  for PA use (mostly) from the early 70s well into the early 80s sounded amazing. Wooden...something...anyway mine were originally supplied with an Altec 15 which was just OK, but stick a JBL serious bass speaker like the D140 or later models in the things and you can do uncompressed bass slam to shake the neighborhood. I loved those things. 
Thanks guys for your input, much appreciated. It seems like a good deal even if they only end up in the garage. He did sell off the cones separately,  maybe made more money than selling the A7's as complete speakers one would imagine. 
As I have never heard a pair I do not know how they are with a Solid State amp as I am generally not to keen on tube amps, although I do have an very low hour Onix SP3 tube amp in its box somewhere. 
How are they with all types of music in a home setting?  I have read they are a bit bass shy, is that the case? I do have Klipschorns if I want the neighbors to hear my music and get the animals running for cover, lol....