Speaker Width?

Hello all,

Currently my speakers are 12' apart and each speaker is about 10' from my listening position. Picture here: https://imgur.com/a/etiV2q8

Would it make sense for me to move them closer together? (switching with my amp and subwoofer on each side). Curious on thoughts and how people typically space their speakers!
bclark8923
Hi bclark, If you put something on the bottom of your speakers so that you could pull them out for listening and push them back when not, maybe your girlfriend would be OK with that! I installed -Herbie's Lab- "Giant Fat Gliders" on my speakers so I could do just that.Good Luck, Tish

Post removed 
+1.  Herbie's gliders are excellent.  You don't necessarily need the giant fat ones.  The regular ones work very well on wood or tile floors. 
Thanks for the tip on the gliders! I may have to give that a go, I moved them closer together and they're about 8.5-9' and I moved them out about 5" and that already made a very big difference.

And trust me I know they need to breathe but we live in a small-ish san francisco apartment, the plan is to buy a house in 2-3 years and we agreed to wait until we can find one that is also very speaker placement friendly :)