Speakers

Hello,
I recently upgraded my yamaha receiver, replacing it with a 'new' Sansui qrx8001 from the late 70's... a loaded question I know, but does anyone have speaker recommendations for said quad sansui? Mostly vinyl,  some fm, mid-size living room, budget 2k, but maybe more if done in 2 phases.  
thanks
rick2718
I have a pair of speakers that I bought new in the late 70's. Used them lightly for a few years with a Pioneer receiver. They have been sitting unused for a number of years. Synergistics is a brand that I never hear mentioned in these forums. But, in the day, they gave brands like JBL and others some competition.
The unused speakers should go to someone wanting good sound and not to one who only wants a nice looking speaker for some background music. Just don't have the heart to dump them at a garage sale. They are in good working order and still look very good cosmetically.

If anyone is interested in these speakers they are free of charge. I would only ask to be reimbursed for the shipping charge since they weigh about 50 lbs. each. Here is a description of the speakers but they aren't mine. Just photos I found online of ones belonging to someone else........
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=212689171

clearthink
If you’re going to be unconstructive at least try to make sure your comments are grammatically “accurate and faithful” to the English language.

Jbl l-65 jubals. Great speakers with Sansui. 
I had a old au 9500 integrated with them and it sounded great. Sansui used to demo their equipment with jbl speakers back in the day. 
Great synergy. 
Also, in buying vintage speakers make sure you can test them. Some times the drivers are blown. 
In the case of l-65’s crystal prism slot tweeters, 
if they’re blown don’t purchase. The woofers probably need re-foaming but that’s no big deal. 
A good pair will set you back at least 12-1500.

Vandersteen 2Ce - I’d take a pair of these any day for the same money over vintage JBL’s or Klipsch which I agree are nice speakers but not up to Vandy’s IMO.