Speakers

Hello,
I recently upgraded my yamaha receiver, replacing it with a 'new' Sansui qrx8001 from the late 70's... a loaded question I know, but does anyone have speaker recommendations for said quad sansui? Mostly vinyl,  some fm, mid-size living room, budget 2k, but maybe more if done in 2 phases.  
thanks
rick2718
FYI, I grew up with a Sansui 8 deluxe...that was the pinnacle of their design and performance!
If you can find 4 Fulton FM 80's or FM 100's on ebay you will have as good of a box speaker as you can find from those days, and they will probably sound great with your receiver.

JBL and horn speakers are not accurate; Cerwin-Vega was a bass-heavy, tweeter heavy speaker that made a good sound for those days, like Advent's did, but they were evolutionary and have be surpassed easily by even modest speakers today.  Most of all, enjoy the MUSIC the way YOU want it.

Cheers!

Thanks for all the options/opinions.  Reading through the marketing materials I  realize it will come down to needing to hear them together.  As much as of-the-era-speaker appeal  as mickeyb points out there are risks, not all of which I'll see.
Any recommendations on reputable dealers which offer a demo/trial period and the ability to return or exchange?
Another + for Vandersteen 2s. I am the second owner of vintage (~1980) Vandy 2Cs. They are original and in pristine condition. If you treasure soundstaging, imaging and top-to-bottom cohesiveness like I do, IMO you can do no better from a speaker in your budget.

Tom