Speakers

Hello,
I recently upgraded my yamaha receiver, replacing it with a 'new' Sansui qrx8001 from the late 70's... a loaded question I know, but does anyone have speaker recommendations for said quad sansui? Mostly vinyl,  some fm, mid-size living room, budget 2k, but maybe more if done in 2 phases.  
thanks
rick2718
Thanks for all the options/opinions.  Reading through the marketing materials I  realize it will come down to needing to hear them together.  As much as of-the-era-speaker appeal  as mickeyb points out there are risks, not all of which I'll see.
Any recommendations on reputable dealers which offer a demo/trial period and the ability to return or exchange?
Another + for Vandersteen 2s. I am the second owner of vintage (~1980) Vandy 2Cs. They are original and in pristine condition. If you treasure soundstaging, imaging and top-to-bottom cohesiveness like I do, IMO you can do no better from a speaker in your budget.

Tom
WOW!! Just wow is all I can say about my 4429’s....even cold out of the box they have that physical presence to the sound and the best tonality I’ve heard. I’ve had Wilson 6’s and 7’s, and Dynaudio C4’s and B&W 802 D3’s to name a few and none had this sense of realism.
Hey rick2718,

If you’re going to stick to two channel, why not look into the original JBL Century 100’s. You might have to update the speaker surrounds, but they’re still a great speaker.

All the best.

JD