Sound Anchor Stands

I'm considering Sound Anchors stands for my new Pulsars. They have a top plate which bolts in to the holes in the bottom of the speaker. Blu-tak is not necessary and stability is enhanced. Since they are metal stands, can the bottom of the speaker be damaged by placing it on the metal top plate directly? I was told that wrapping clear packing tape around the top plate would work, but I don't know. Any thoughts or suggestions?
rlb61
I just received the SA stands. A "hardware pack" for each speaker comes with two allen wrenches and two small black bolts which, I presume, bolt into the two screw holes on the front bottom of the speakers. Another "hardware pack" comes with the jam nuts, washers, spikes, and four larger black bolts. I don’t know where these larger black bolts screw in. Any ideas? I have sent an email to Sound Anchors on this, but thought maybe someone might have a quick answer. Thanks.
I am seriously considering the soundanchor stands (803-804NSD)for my B&W 803d2's. The stands come with blu-tak to assure the speaker does get damaged however I am considering using felt IN ADDITION to the tak which I will say is more to secure the speaker to the stand. I am not sure which stand you are buying or by this time have already purchased BUT if you are concerned fear not and add the felt.
I am very particular about my equipment and the "caring factor" is 24-7
i hope you were satisfied with the stands.