What does one purchase after owning horns?

I have owned Avantgarde Uno's and sold them because of the lack of bass to horn integration. I loved the dynamics, the midrange and highs. Now faced with a new speaker purchase, I demo speakers and they sound lifeless and contrived. The drama and beauty of live music and even the sound of percussion insturments like a piano are not at all convincing. I have an $8k budget for speakers give or take a thousand. My room is 13'X26' firing down the length. Any good ideas will be appreciated. My music prefrences are jazz/jazz vocalist.
renmeister
I heard that those who don't want or don't like tubes, and have some money, use big older Rowlands with Soundlabs with great result. Rowland 8T and 9T. I would certainly try this combination if I could.
Once you get used to the low coloration of planers it will be difficult to enjoy ANY horn speaker.

Regards,
IMHO, anyone who says that the Sound Labs can sound 'flat' have:
1) Never heard them
2) Never heard them set up correctly
3) Simply don't have ears which I would trust for opinions.

The one's I owned, except when compared to the best MBL's set up with mega watts, sounded remarkable...and I rue the day I sold them...ahhhh, divorce.

Good listening.

Larry
I would second the calls for good, full range electrostatics. I've heard the Soundlabs and the largest new Quads and tought they sounded as "alive" as my horns.

BTW,the newest Avantgardes do a much better job of intregrating bass.
My thanks to those of you who have mentioned my speakers, sometimes even in the same breath as SoundLabs. For the record, my bipolar models indeed deliberately seek to emulate some of the radiation pattern characteristics of the pre-PX series SoundLabs (the PX series has a narrower pattern than I can reasonably replicate). As I told Roger West, creator of SoundLabs, my aspiration is to build the second-best speakers... well, within their general price ballpark.

Duke
(disclaimer: SoundLab dealer & speaker manufacturer)